Right, you probably already know that the gin category is hot globally, but what you may not know is that my client's Gin is the fastest growing leading gin in the world.
Part of a portfolio of brands under a key leadership of some of the most innovative leaders in industry. They are now seeking a entrepreneurial spirited, highly creative and commercial marketer to join them on their journey, developing and building upon the growth at a global level, expanding sales in existing markets and introducing the brand into new territories.
The gin brand is a Champion Brand inside the company accounting for a significant part of the groups revenue. In this role you will be accountable for delivering brand performance targets and driving value creation for the brand and the company.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious, commercially driven and creative marketer to join the small but rapidly expanding team of highly skilled and experienced peers and a supportive Executive team.
You will be a decision maker and your strategies will significantly affect the brands positioning, growth and commercial returns globally. You share accountability for the full Brand P&L across markets, and you will hold decision rights on the Brand vision, strategic plan and innovation agenda. Your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly with the global commercial teams, international stakeholders and markets sales teams. This is an opportunity to combine all your skills and expertise and create a legacy for the Brand and the company.
Some of your key responsibilities:
• Contribute to the overall direction and strategy of the brand at a global level, considering strategic markets opportunities and long term bets, delivering against financial and commercial targets – end to end P&L as well as building equity for the brand.
• Lead and execute the 5 year global strategy and marketing plan whilst working with local markets on executional excellence and sharing best practices.
• All your commercial acumen will come into play as you plan the 3 year performance and budgets with the commercial teams and ensuring that the performance is delivering against objectives, Agility will be crucial seeking out opportunities to further grow the brand and connect with consumers.
• Lead and implement core brand initiatives from packaging, visual identity refresh to gifting to core brand growth drivers developing consumer engagement platforms whilst working with the brand team and agencies to achieve the objectives. Ensuring a measurement and evaluation plan is in place on brand investments in order to set a code for growth and rollout successful Brand growth drivers
• Develop and own the 5 yr brand innovation plans (i.e., packing reformulation, new flavours, etc.) with a focus on filling any portfolio gaps and delivering brand strategy.
One of the core values is ‘being a team player’, this role requires you to work with, influence and manage teams around the world whether direct employees, stakeholders, distributors or agencies. All are critical to the success of the brand and business and therefore being able to create a network based on trust and integrity, recognizing the strengths and experience of each individual to achieve the goals and bringing these strengths to the fore for the benefit of all.
Key requirements for the role include:
• Experience or passion for Gin/Drinks or lifestyle brands
• Experience of operation at pace and delivering outcomes within the drinks industry or similar lifestyle industry
• Experience in and a passion for Marketing and strategy development
• Experience with Brand P&L, budget management and value chains
• Strong commercial acumen and numerical reasoning
• Experience or understanding of the on and off trade, ideally in several markets
• Experience if leading NPD projects that involve innovation, packaging and product development
• Excellent project management experience with the ability to manage external relationships
For a detailed and confidential chat over a G&T about the role and the company then get in touch.